Generic Vermox (Mebendazole)
By preventing the worms from absorbing sugar, Vermox interrupts their energy supply and ultimately kills them. Vermox is available as a generic drug, so it’s affordable, or you can find it under the brand names Vermox or Ovex.
If you’re looking for a medication to treat intestinal worms, Vermox is a great option. It’s been shown to be effective against a variety of worms, including roundworms, hookworms, and whipworms. Plus, it’s also effective against threadworms. However, it’s important to note that Vermox is not effective against tapeworms or flukes.
Vermox can be taken by mouth as a chewable tablet, suspension, or tablet. It is usually taken two or three times a day for three to seven days. Your doctor may tell you to take Vermox for longer if your infection does not clear up. If you’re looking for an intestinal worm medication that’s both effective and affordable, Vermox is a great choice.
The Cost of Generic and Brand
You should tell your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding before taking Vermox. You should also let your doctor know if you have any allergies or other medical conditions.
Available as a branded and generic antiparasitic medication, Vermox (Mebendazole) comes in the form of oral suspension and 100mg tablets. The average retail price of 18 tablets of branded Vermox is $147.99, while the same quantity of generic Mebendazole 100mg manufactured in New Zealand will cost $112.99. To save the most on purchasing generic Vermox, patients can opt for the generic medication Mebendazole manufactured in Turkey, which will only cost $157.99 per package of 30 tablets.
- Vermox 30 ml Suspension 20 mg/ml: available in the quantity of 30ml solution manufactured in the UK, branded Vermox will cost $42.99 per unit.
- Vermox Tablet 100 mg: available in the quantity of 6, 12, and 18 tablets, branded Vermox 100mg manufactured in Canada will cost $67.99, $107.99, and $147.99 per package, or $11.33, $9.00, and $8.22 per unit, respectively.
Vermox (generic drug Mebendazole)
- 100mg: available in the quantity of 2, 6, and 18 tablets, generic Vermox 100mg manufactured in New Zealand will cost $57.99, $71.99, and $112.99 per package, or $29.00, $12.00, and $6.28 per unit, respectively.
- 100mg: available in the quantity of 30 tablets, generic Vermox 100mg from Canadian Pharmacy (Vermazol) 100mg manufactured in Turkey will cost $157.99 per package or $5.27 per unit.
Products you can be interested in:
Vermox is not recommended for use in people with certain medical conditions. These contraindications include:
If you are pregnant, it is important to speak to your doctor before taking Vermox. There is a lack of studies on the effects of Vermox during pregnancy, so it is not known if it is completely safe. However, there have been reports of birth defects in children whose mothers took Vermox during pregnancy. Therefore, it is generally recommended that you avoid taking Vermox during pregnancy unless absolutely necessary.
Vermox has been shown to pass into breast milk, harming the nursing infant. Additionally, studies have shown that Vermox may decrease the amount of breast milk produced by the mammary glands. Therefore, breastfeeding women should avoid taking Vermox if possible.
Infants and children
Vermox is not recommended for use in infants and children. This is because the safety and efficacy of Vermox in this population have not been established. Additionally, Vermox may cause unwanted side effects in infants and children, such as abdominal pain, headache, and dizziness.
Vermox is contraindicated in patients with liver disease. The liver is responsible for breaking down and removing Vermox from the body, so patients with liver disease may not be able to clear the drug from their system. This can lead to serious side effects and potentially life-threatening complications.
Vermox is a very effective medication for treating parasitic infections, but it can interact with other drugs. If you are taking any other medications, you should be aware of the following interactions:
- Vermox may decrease the efficacy of birth control pills. Therefore, it is important to use a backup form of contraception while taking this drug. Vermox can also increase the risk of bleeding in women taking birth control pills.
- Vermox can increase the level of carbamazepine in the blood. The increased level of carbamazepine can lead to toxic levels in the body and side effects from carbamazepine may be increased.
- Vermox can decrease the level of cyclosporine in the blood. Cyclosporine is an immunosuppressant drug used after organ transplantation to prevent rejection of the organ. The decreased level of cyclosporine can lead to an increased risk of organ rejection and side effects from cyclosporine may be increased.
- Vermox can decrease the level of lamotrigine in the blood. The decreased level of lamotrigine can lead to an increased risk of seizure activity and side effects from lamotrigine may be increased.
- Vermox can decrease the level of oxycodone in the blood. Oxycodone is a narcotic pain reliever drug used for moderate to severe pain relief. The decreased level of oxycodone can lead to an increased risk of pain and side effects from oxycodone may be increased.
- Vermox can decrease the level of saquinavir in the blood. Saquinavir is a protease inhibitor drug used for HIV infection treatment. The decreased level of saquinavir can lead to an increased risk of HIV progression and side effects from saquinavir may be increased.
There are a few potential side effects of taking Vermox, but they are generally mild and temporary. The most common adverse effects include:
- Abdominal pain or cramps
- Diarrhea or constipation
In rare cases, more serious side effects may occur, such as:
- Vision problems or changes in vision
- Allergic reactions (rash, itching, hives, etc.)
If you’re considering taking Vermox, you probably have some questions. Here are answers to some common questions about this medication.
Who should take Vermox?
Vermox is typically prescribed for people who have been infected with parasitic worms. It is also sometimes used to prevent infections in people who are at risk of getting them, such as those who travel to areas where parasitic infections are common.
How do I take Vermox?
Vermox is usually taken as a pill, although it can also be taken as a suspension or chewable tablet. It is typically taken two or three times a day for three to seven days.
What are the side effects of Vermox?
The most common adverse effect of Vermox is gastrointestinal distress, including nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, and abdominal pain. Other possible side effects include headache, dizziness, and rashes.
Is there anything I need to be aware of before taking Vermox?
You should tell your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding before taking mebendazole. You should also let your doctor know if you have any allergies or other medical conditions.
The information we provide on this page is not intended to substitute a physical examination and a consultation in your doctor’s office followed with the prescription of the best-suited medicating. Furthermore, this information may appear incomplete, partial, non-specific and otherwise unfitted to be used as the recommendation basis for any type of treatment. We try to create scientifically accurate copies that go through multiple checkpoints and are curated by professionals, but we reserve the right for occasional errors. Seek doctor’s advice before commencing, renewing or discontinuing any drug. The same concerns recommendations and best practices for drug application, effects, caution and adverse reactions.