Strattera Generic (Atomoxetine)
One of the FDA-approved treatments for ADHD is Strattera, which has shown positive results in managing symptoms. If you suspect that your child has ADHD or has already been diagnosed with it, it is essential to consult with a healthcare professional to determine whether Strattera is a suitable treatment option for their specific needs.
There are a few things to consider when deciding whether or not to start your child on Strattera.
- First, you’ll want to talk to your doctor about the potential side effects of the medication. While most children don’t experience any serious side effects, some may experience mild adverse effects like headache, decreased appetite, or trouble sleeping.
- You’ll also want to make sure that you’re comfortable with the possible risks of taking Strattera. While the medication is generally safe, there is a small risk of more serious adverse effects like liver damage or even suicidal thoughts. If you have any concerns about these risks, be sure to discuss them with your doctor.
- Finally, you’ll need to decide if you’re willing to commit to giving your child the medication every day. Strattera is a daily medication, and it’s important to make sure that you’re prepared to give it to your child every day for as long as they need it.
If you’re considering starting your child on Strattera, talk to your doctor about whether it’s right for them. This medication can be an effective treatment for ADHD, but it’s important to make sure that it’s the right option for your family.
How Does Strattera Works
Strattera elevates norepinephrine levels in the brain, which improves attention and focus. By increasing norepinephrine levels, Strattera can help improve attention span, reduce impulsive behaviors, and improve task completion.
There have been multiple studies that have shown that Strattera is effective in treating ADHD. One study found that children who took Strattera for 12 weeks showed a significant improvement in their symptoms compared to those who took a placebo. Another study found that adults who took Strattera for 16 weeks also showed significant improvement in their symptoms. Overall, there is strong evidence that supports the effectiveness of Strattera in treating ADHD.
The Cost of Strattera Generic and Brand in Canada
Available as a branded and generic ADHD medication, Strattera (Atomoxetine) comes in a variety of quantities. Its available dosages range from 10mg to 100mg. Depending on the producing country, the manufacturer company, the pharmacy, and the patient’s insurance coverage, the average retail price for 84 tablets of branded Strattera 25mg can be between $237.99 and $391.99.The generic medication of the same potency will cost around $79.99 for a supply of 100 tablets made in India.
Products you can be interested in:
- 10mg: available in the quantity of 84 tablets, branded Strattera 10mg manufactured in Turkey or Canada will cost $217.99 and $331.99 per package, or $2.60 and $3.95 per unit, respectively.
- 18mg: available in the quantity of 84 tablets, branded Strattera 18mg manufactured in Turkey or Canada will cost $207.99 and $361.99 per package, or $2.48 and $4.31 per unit, respectively.
- 25mg: available in the quantity of 84 tablets, branded Strattera 25mg manufactured in Turkey or Canada will cost $237.99 and $391.99 per package, or $2.83 and $4.67 per unit, respectively.
- 40mg: available in the quantity of 84 tablets, branded Strattera 40mg manufactured in Turkey or Canada will cost $247.99 and $431.99 per package, or $2.95 and $5.14 per unit, respectively.
- 60mg: available in the quantity of 84 tablets, branded Strattera 60mg manufactured in Turkey or Canada will cost $257.99 and $461.99 per package, or $3.07 and $5.50 per unit, respectively.
- 80mg: available in the quantity of 84 tablets, branded Strattera 80mg manufactured in Canada will cost $491.99 per package or $5.86 per unit.
- 100mg: available in the quantity of 84 tablets, branded Strattera 80mg manufactured in Canada will cost $531.99 per package or $6.33 per unit.
If you or your child is taking Strattera, it’s important to be aware of the potential side effects. While many people tolerate the medication well, some may experience bothersome side effects. The good news is that there are things you can do to help manage these side effects.
- For example, if you or your child experiences decreased appetite or weight loss, try eating smaller, more frequent meals throughout the day. It’s also important to make sure you’re getting enough protein and calories. If necessary, your doctor may recommend a supplement.
- If you or your child has trouble sleeping, it may help to take the medicine in the morning rather than at night. And be sure to avoid caffeinated beverages close to bedtime. Exercise can also be helpful in promoting better sleep.
- Dry mouth is another common side effect of Strattera. To combat this, drink lots of water during the day and consider using some sugar-free chewing gum.
Finally, if you or your child experiences any other bothersome side effects, be sure to talk to your doctor. There may be ways to manage them and improve your quality of life while taking Strattera.
The information we provide on this page is not intended to substitute a physical examination and a consultation in your doctor’s office followed with the prescription of the best-suited medicating. Furthermore, this information may appear incomplete, partial, non-specific and otherwise unfitted to be used as the recommendation basis for any type of treatment. We try to create scientifically accurate copies that go through multiple checkpoints and are curated by professionals, but we reserve the right for occasional errors. Seek doctor’s advice before commencing, renewing or discontinuing any drug. The same concerns recommendations and best practices for drug application, effects, caution and adverse reactions.